пятница, 7 сентября 2012 г.

A 80-100 word piece about the impression the story for my Home Reading Class has made


    At first I wasn't excited reading this story, because I couldn't understand the main idea and the purpose for which it had been written. But after I made some investigation on the author, the time of the publication, everything became quite clear then. The Unexpected isn't a mere love story, the main idea is deeper and lies on the surface, though to grasp it you may need to find out more about the background (as I did finally). The story touches upon such problems as freedom, choice, relationship between men and women, true love and passion. All of them are very important, need to be discussed and comprehended. So, I think that Kate Chopin's story nourishes mind and makes our brains working.

3 комментария:

  1. I agree with you, Anastasia. I think the information about the time in which it was written give us the ability to understand the theme because in Kate Chopin's lifetime the problem of choice and desire took place. Thank God that we don't have such problems :)

    ОтветитьУдалить